Women on the Water
Women on the Water is a low-cost sailing program for women run by volunteers from the Kingston Sailing Club (KSC) aboard individual KSC members' boats with the support of the Hudson River Maritime Museum.
- We love men, but during WOW, male boat owners who are sailing with a female skipper and crew are asked to take a background role to encourage women to step forward and take more leadership roles on board.
- Boat owners and skippers inspect vessels to ensure they are safe before sailing, and boat owners provide adequate insurance.
- Participants must follow the instructions of Kingston Sailing Club skippers / boat owners during WOW sails.
- Participants are encouraged to buy Coast Guard approved life jackets that fit properly and bring their own life jackets, water bottles, snacks, sunscreen, hat, etc. on WOW sails.
- Orientation for WOW boat owners, skippers and participants will take place from 5:00 to 7:00 pm outdoors in the yard near the Wooden Boat School at the Hudson River Maritime Museum on June 30, 2021.
- WOW sails will be on five Saturday afternoons, 2:00-5:00 pm, July 10 - August 7.
- Costs: Administrative Fee: $10 Participants are asked to join Kingston Sailing Club as associate members at a cost of $25 for the season here: https://kingstonsailingclub.org/membership/
|Neon CRM by Neon One|